You don’t usually think much about your plumbing in Bryant Pond-until something goes wrong. If you are having a problem or are considering replacing some of your pipes or perhaps your water heater, it’s not a bad idea to check into what technology has to offer these days.
Even things as seemingly dull as your kitchen sink or bathroom pipes are the subjects of research on a regular basis. Companies want to stay ahead of the curve, so they create new technologies all the time.
Basic Safety For Home Plumbing Projects
Finding an emergency plumber you trust can be quite a headache. There are a number of companies and people who are looking to make that extra buck and cheat you. This is why people are now turning to the internet to find an emergency plumber they can trust. You can find a number of great and reliable companies online. No longer would have to find one through the yellow pages. The internet does give a lot of choice and makes it very easy to find an emergency plumber in your local area but you need to do some searching and research of your own. In this article I am going to give you quick tips as well as talk about the services provided by most of the companies out there.
First I am going to discuss a few tips
1. Check and make sure that the tradesman has a plumbing license - This is a very important step as you need to be sure that the man you are hiring for the job is a professional. If there was any damage to your property or bathroom it becomes much easier to make insurance claims if your tradesman is licensed. So make sure you check this before you start any work.
2. Get two or more references - Make sure you get at least 2 references, you can ask your family members, your friends, your co - workers and even church folk. You would know if some one has had a good experience with a plumber the same person would do a great job in your home. Ask your neighbors as well as they could be helpful as well.
3. Ask how long they have been in the business - This is a very important question to ask your tradesman as you would know how much experience he or she has. You could ask for pictures of previous work, user reviews and qualifications. Ask if he has received and certificate and awards from trade bodies or plumbing bodies.
4. Get at least one bid for the job and make sure they are not ripping you off - Do some research online and find out prices for jobs. Compare the bids so you know that you are not being ripped off. Try finding a plumber who will give you an estimate or pricing for small jobs over the phone. You know that this person has a standard rate and is not trying to make a quick buck. Getting flat rate estimates would help you know how much you are going to be paying before hand. You don't want to be surprised when you get the bill.
Now we will discuss the kind of services offered by most emergency plumbers
1. Kitchen and Bathroom Fixtures
2. Dishwasher Hookups
3. Clothes washer & dryer repairs and hookups
4. Water Filtration systems
5. Ice makers
6. Garbage Disposals
7. Pipe repair soil and domestic violation corrections
8. Gas emergencies
9. Drain Cleaning and snaking
10. Sump Pumps
11. Booster Pumps
12. Water heater install & Repair
13. Instantaneous Hot water
14. Tako WAGS
So the next time you have any of these issues at home be sure to go online and find the perfect man to fix your problem.
Plumbing: What Goes Into A Complete New House Installation?
People often have questions about installing CPVC pipe. They need new water lines and want to know if CPVC pipe is a good choice. Many want to know if it is really as easy to install CPVC plumbing as it looks. I mean, it requires no special tools and is really easy to put it together. You just glue it together, what could be easier?
Like most things in life, it's not quite that simple. The truth is, CPVC pipe is a perfectly good product and can be an excellent choice for water pipes, but you do need to know a few things to do it right. For starters, you need to be able to properly size the pipe in your system and you need to be able to design the piping layout efficiently. There are also some things you need to know about CPVC piping installations in particular.
Here are a few tips to help you get a good system.
Strap It Right
Strap CPVC every 4' horizontally and at least once between the floor and ceiling vertically. Use plastic support hooks and get the kind that hold the pipe a little off of the wood. CPVC expands and contracts like all plastic pipe and if it is fastened too tightly against the framing it can make a lot of popping and squeaking noises as time goes on.
Stay Away From Heat Sources
Don't run CPVC pipes too close to heat sources, such as can lights or flue vents. A good rule of thumb is to stay at least 12" away from these kinds of things.
Check All Products For Compatibility
Last of all make sure that any pipe dope or other chemicals that come into contact with any part of the piping system are approved and listed as safe for CPVC. Some chemicals can have a damaging effect on the plastic pipe, causing failures months and even years later. That doesn't mean CPVC is not a good product, just pay attention to what you use with it.
These tips should help your next CPVC project be a success!
Copyright 2008 Bryan Stevens
The Importance of a Well-Designed Plumbing System